The fiduciary has responsibility to file taxes on behalf of the ward, and to pay any taxes that may be due to the federal, state or local government. This office cannot provide tax advice. Those needing assistance are strongly encouraged to seek professional advice.

Taxes and fees for professional tax assistance may be paid from the conservatorship as an administrative expense.