SCHEDULE OF COMMISSIONER’S FEES
EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2016
FORECLOSURE SALES UNDER DEEDS OF TRUST
BASE FEES are for Accounts of 10 pages or less. Fees will increase as noted below if the filing includes more than 10 pages. (Do not count cancelled checks and vouchers when determining the charge for extra pages. If a lost note affidavit is filed, do include the affidavit, a copy of the note and the noteholder’s receipt in the page count.)
ADDITIONAL FEES for filings between 11 and 30 pages: $14.00. For filings over 30 pages, the additional fee is $34.00.
CLERK’S FEES are included in all fees. Make one check only, payable to “Commissioner of Accounts”. The Commissioner will pay the Clerk for recording fees as appropriate.
Foreclosure Accounts (Interim and Final)
Fees for foreclosure accounts are based upon the sales price of the real property. Apply the sales price to the schedule below:
$0 - $100,000
$100,001 - $300,000
$300,001 - $450,000
$450,001 - $600,000
$600,001 - $750,000
$750,001 - $900,000
Note: The Commissioner may charge an additional fee of $165.00 when the Trustee is unable to produce the original note, which fee shall be shown on the Account as a charge to the noteholder.
Delinquency Fees (To be collected against the fiduciary personally)
1. Failure to file settlement of accounts in a timely manner resulting in a letter from the Commissioner: $30.00
2. Issuance of a summons by Commissioner: $85.00
3. Commissioner’s report to the Court on failure of fiduciary to comply with summons: $165.00
4. Commissioner’s report to Court of delinquent accounts and unsettled accounts as required by Virginia Code § 64.2-1216: $55.00
5. Appearance in Court to prosecute Show Cause Order issued against fiduciary: $220.00